FOLLOWING the direction from the Federal Government around reducing the spread of COVID-19, all library services will close from 5pm tonight, Wednesday, March 25.
Campaspe Shire Council CEO, Declan Moore said the direction results in the temporary closure of all five library branches and five library depots, .
“Maintaining essential services to our community is Council’s priority however, as the worldwide pandemic continues to unfold, essential services change and we are now required to close library services,” he said.
Whilst libraries will be closed, online options are available for the community via Council’s website including:
- Access to the online resource ‘BorrowBox’ and RB Digital which offers ebooks, eAudio and eMagazines
- Access to the online book club, virtual stories and ‘StoryBox’ library
Further adjustments have been made to continue providing the community with library services during the pandemic which includes:
- The continuation of a Books on Wheels service with alternate delivery arrangements. Council is currently working on the safest and best approach to this
- Regular phone calls to Library Link homebased clients in place of their one to one visits
- Access to online resources such as Ancestry.com and the Health and Wellness Platform for all library members
“Online memberships can be arranged to access the online resources. Residents can join themselves, or speak with library staff for assistance,” Mr Moore said.
“It is important for people to know that all current library books on loan will be automatically renewed with no accrual of fines.
“Council encourages people to hold onto their library books and not return them while restrictions are in place as they will not be considered overdue.”
Staff will be available during business hours to support library members, including supporting the online environment and can be contacted on 5481 2400.
Access to online library services is available at www.campaspe.vic.gov.au/live/services/library-services/
People are encouraged to follow Campaspe Libraries on Facebook for updates and suggested activities for children and adults.