CFA has given the all clear and also confirmed the leak was a chlorine leak.
THE hazardous material response unit and five other CFA units are currently at the intersection of Oswald and Albion streets, Kyabram.
The crews are responding to a hazardous materials callout.
The cause is currently unknown however initial reports suggest it could be chlorine from a neighbouring business, this has not been confirmed.
Resident Maddisyn Cooper said there was a chemical smell in the air earlier in the evening.
"It was a fairly strong smell - like chlorine - and it was fairly unusual for a Sunday night when no businesses are open," she said.
More to come.